How to contact us
What data do we collect?
Places collects and stores the following data:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by making a booking or filling in forms on the Places Platform or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. Often, this is personal identification information (name, email address, phone number, etc.). This includes information you provide when you:
- Register to use the Places Platform;
- Sign up to receive news;
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey; and
- Participate in social media functions on the Places Platform.
Information we collect from you
We may collect, store and use information about your visits to the Places Platform and about your device through which you access the Places Platform. This includes the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address, your login information, your browser type and settings, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and geographical location; and
- Information about your visits and use of the Places Platform, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site, pages you viewed and searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, referral source/exit pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and website navigation and search terms used.
We may also collect information about you from other sources, such as commercially available sources.
How will we use your data?
Places collects your data so that we can:
- Carry out the services you request from us online on the Places Platform;
- Provide you with information that you request from us;
- Administer the Places Platform including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- Improve the Places Platform to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, mobile device or other item of hardware through which you access the Places Platform;
- Keep the Places Platform safe and secure; and
- Contact you for market research purposes.
How do we store your data?
Places securely stores your data on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Places Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Places Platform; any transmission is at your own risk.
How long do we keep your information?
When you have given us consent, Places will send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Places from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Places Group. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us as given in “How to contact us” above.
What are your data protection rights?
Places would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Places for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Places correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Places to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Places erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Places restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Places’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Places transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as given in “How to contact us” above.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Places – We uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. For example, these could include what language you prefer and location you are in.
- Advertising – Places uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Places sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Google Analytics - We use these cookies to analyse how the Places Platform is accessed, is used, or is performing. We use this information to maintain, operate, and continually improve our service.
- Stripe - We use these cookies to securely process payment data and prevent fraud.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
If you are dissatisfied with how we register and use your personal data, and your dialogue with us has not led to a satisfactory outcome, you can complain to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also lodge a complaint with the Swedish Data Protection Authority at email@example.com